Having a child is one of the best experiences life can give you. They grow up so quickly, which is why it’s so important to cherish every little moment and milestone.
For parents, photography is a saving grace since it’s the one thing that helps them capture and preserve some of their favorite moments in the lives of their children. Below is a list of photos that you definitely don’t want to miss out on as a parent.
- The baby photo session. You will never get this time back again so capture every little bit of it. Capture your baby as they coo or grab a shot of those tiny little feet. You can even snap a photo of them in that cute little onesie that grandma bought him. My favorite phase for baby photos is around 9 months. They’re chubby, happy and hilarious!
- The family session. Capture the time when your little one loves to play, is walking around and loves to cuddle with mom and dad. Make sure you as parents are in this portrait, your child loves you and wants these memories.
- The birthday parties. Every birthday is a milestone but their first birthday party is definitely one of the most special, don’t miss out on that photo opportunity. You can do a great job of this with your camera phone.
- The first day of school. There are so many cute photo ideas for this specific time in their lives and there will be several first day of school opportunities for you to take advantage of. Again, your own camera is perfect for this.
- The sibling session. If you’re adding a new member to the family, getting some shots with all your children together is a must. Contact me for this one.
- The yearly family session. Whether it’s for your yearly holiday card or you simply love celebrating holidays surrounded by your loved ones, holiday shots are up there with the have-to-haves. Call me in Summer to schedule this one
Family pictures are powerful. They bring us back in time. They’re a great way to reminisce. They are also a part of our legacy. In years to come, grandchildren and great-grandchildren may someday ask to see pictures of the family, and wouldn’t it just be sad if there were few or none to share? Having the pictures brings the family together again as they look back on their lives.
As a Bay Area family photographer, I would be honored to photograph your newborn, chubby baby or entire family.